10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Led by Pauline Sawyer the teaching includes asana, anatomy, meditation and discussion and will look at:
- structure of the postures together with the structure of the skeleton with a focus on the sacroiliac joint
- a variety of postures and how they are connected
- the idea of our original need to move and how we ‘undo’ and open out from the postures
- the contrast of yoga to other forms of ‘exercise’
- basic philosophy of yoga, its history and development in this country
- the 8 limbs of yoga and their purpose
If you are interested in developing your knowledge and practice, would like to move on to do a Foundation Course or would like a refresher as part of your ongoing CPD join Pauline Sawyer in Edinburgh on the 23 May for a lovely day of yoga.
Download the leaflet: Foundation Course Taster with Pauline Sawyer
If you would like more information about the Taster Day, or the IYT Foundation Course and teacher training programme, please contact Kay Hush on firstname.lastname@example.org.