- 21/07/2015 - 28/07/2015
5:00 pm - 11:00 am
21st – 28th July 2015
A week with a focus on the psychological processes that Yoga can bring up and how we can use postures, breathing and meditation to move through and help others.
The Transforming Power of Yoga
This retreat is for those who wish to deepen their practice and for Yoga teachers the week can contribute towards your CPD. You will be exploring the theme of the transforming power of yoga through:
- Asana – the movement of energy through the chakras and how that shifts your whole consciousness
- Mudra – how attitude shapes your whole self
- Pranayama – noticing in which situations in life you restrain your breath and how you come back to the natural breath moving through your body
- Meditation – focussing on the different ways of meditating to energise, calm and see things as they are – vipassana
Deposit payment is £300pp. For full fees, please scroll down.
The Yoga Retreat will start on Tuesday 21st July 2015:
5pm asana class
8pm introductions, meditation
Wednesday 22nd – Monday 27th July:
7.30 – 8.30am asana, pranayama, sitting
10am -12.45pm asana, mudra
5 – 6.30pm asana, pranayama
8pm follow up from day, process and meditation
- One or two evenings we may visit local sacred sites such as the Preseli hills to connect to the earth energy.
- There will be one afternoon and / or possibly an evening off towards the end of the week to give space before returning to “daily life”.
Tuesday 28th July
7.30 – 9.30am asana class
9.30am breakfast, farewells
Staying at Over the Rainbow
Over the Rainbow is a vegetarian guest house set in acres of garden and woodland in Cardigan Bay, West Wales. Rooms are large and light, with good quality furnishings. It is a peaceful and nurturing place where you can rest and recharge your batteries. There is plenty to explore with blue flag beaches only minutes away, the Preseli mountains and Pembrokeshire National Park nearby. It is run by Marie Lewis, who cooks delicious vegetarian meals. Meals are served in the dining room; there are also picnic benches on the lawn if the weather is good. Meals would include options for vegans, those on wheat free or other diets.
Full Week Fees:
- £680 Full board, shared rooms at Over the Rainbow
- £715 Full board, single occupancy of a double room (only 2 available)
- £645 Full board, shared twin room concessionary rate (only 2 places available – please discuss with Marie before booking)
- £590 Full board, camping at Over the Rainbow
- £535 Full board, non-residential
For more information about the programme contact Jenny Beeken on 01730 302958 (from January 2015) or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org