- 21/05/2016 - 28/05/2016
4:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Yoga Holiday Retreat in Turkey
with Sarah Waterfield
Stop Press January 2016!
Shanti Garden is far away from the areas of Turkey where there has been recent violence and disturbances. Teresa has recently come back from visiting Shanti Garden and is happy to report that it is as peaceful and beautiful as ever! So please do not let what you hear in the news stop you from coming on this holiday retreat.
at Izne Retreat, Shanti Garden, near Kas, 21-28 May 2016,
organiser: Teresa Montano | firstname.lastname@example.org
Holiday or Retreat?
Each day there will be a morning Yoga class and an optional evening chanting and meditation session. The remaining time is free for you to enjoy the local area and the activities on offer or rest in the peace and tranquility of Shanti Garden. So you can make it as much of a holiday or a retreat as you wish. Either way it will be a positive and nurturing experience to relax in a beautiful place, to be looked after and practise Yoga every day. The Yoga sessions will be suitable for any level of yoga experience. The longer Yoga class means we have the time to explore the Yoga in more depth. As there is plenty of free time this week is also suitable for your non Yoga-practising partners, friends or children to come along too.
Accommodation and food
Shanti Garden is located 800m up in the mountains in a peaceful rural area, but close to the bustling mediterranean coastal village of Kas.
Accommodation comprises 3 open plan wooden cabins each with a bathroom. These can be used as a family cabin or shared as a twin or double or a triple. There are also 9 furnished tents that have proper beds and electricity and share 3 external bathroom/toilets. Tents can be used as singles, twins or doubles. Food is Turkish, mainly vegetarian, fresh and delicious and there will be breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is an outdoor pool and hammocks to relax in.
Yoga will either take place on the decking around the pool or on the covered Yoga platform
For more information and pictures
Yoga will start on Sunday 22 May and finish at lunchtime on Saturday 28 May.
- 8.30am – Breakfast
- 10am – 1pm Yoga
- 1pm lunch then free time
- 7pm – Dinner
- 8.30 – 9.30 – Chanting and meditation
The timetable can be varied to accommodate group outings.
- Daytime temperatures will be around 26°C and the sea will be around 20°C.
- The picturesque village of Kas with shops, cafes and a beach (bazaar on Friday) is a 15 minute ride in the minibus (fares will be payable).
- It is also possible to arrange other activities such as boat trips to islands with sandy beaches, scuba diving, paragliding, rock climbing, trekking and horse riding.
The nearest airport is Dalaman, which is two hours drive from Shanti Garden. We can arrange transfers from the airport to Shanti Garden.
Book your flight to arrive at Dalaman on the afternoon or evening of Saturday 21 May. Let us know your flight arrival time and we will try to co-ordinate transfers. Book your return flight to depart Dalaman late afternoon or evening Saturday 28 May. We can also arrange transfers back to the airport.
Our transfer one way from the airport will cost:
- 250 Turkish Lira for a small car up to 4 people
- 450 Turkish Lira for a medium car up to 8 people
- 600 Turkish Lira for a vehicle with 12 people
Full board and Yoga:
- Cabin as twin/double £770 per person
- Cabin as triple £630 per person
- Tent as single £650 per person
- Tent as Twin/Double £520 per person
Full board only (no Yoga):
- Cabin as twin/double £490 per person
- Cabin as triple £350 per person
- Tent as Twin/Double £240 per person
You will need to pay for your own flights and transfers, Turkish entry Visa (appx £15) and any additional excursions.
Personal Travel Insurance
Please take out your own travel insurance policy for cover in the event of you being unable to attend.
- Pay your deposit as soon as possible and by 15 February 2016 at latest.
- Balance due 31 March 2016. Later bookings will be accepted if there are places left.
- Select your booking option from the drop down menu and either pay a deposit or pay in full.
- If you do not wish to book and pay online download and print this Booking Form: 160521ShantiGarden
To book a place and pay online, please complete the following registration form and select Submit. This takes you to a Confirmation Page where you can make changes to your booking before proceeding to the payment option. Payment is taken through PayPal where you can pay using a debit or credit card or, if you already have one, your PayPal account.