Qualifying as a yoga teacher represents a significant investment, both financial and of your time and energies. The Inner Yoga Trust works hard to ensure that our yoga teacher training costs are inline with other professional teaching courses.
Year 1 The Structure and Practice of Yoga Foundation Course:
£600 - £790 (subject to course location) Payment terms are set by each course tutor. For those paying in full before the course starts a discount may be available at the discretion of your tutor.
Year 2 The Path of Yoga | £1,790
Year 3 Passing the Teaching On | £1,790
Year 2 and Year 3 course fees are payable by a non-refundable deposit of £593 on acceptance of your place and the outstanding balance payable by monthly standing order. A 5% discount is applied when paying course fees in full before the course start date.
Student membership of the IYT is a requirement for all students enrolled on our IYT500 course, including Year 1. All student members receive discounts on IYT workshops and retreats, regular eNewsletters, access to our Members Only section of the website giving access to many teaching articles and guidance documents plus 25-40% discounts with Yogastudio.co.uk.
Yoga Teacher Training Costs include:
- all tuition fees including visiting and specialist teachers
- written and correspondence parts of the course (evaluation of your written work, replies to letters, emails and telephone conversations)
- personal interviews and one to one mentoring and support from your course tutor(s)
- all handouts and course administration
- access to our Members Only section of the website which includes many articles and guidance documents.
Course Fees exclude:
- IYT Student Membership for Years 1, 2 and 3
- Year 2 and Year 3: accommodation costs of between £800 and £1,200 for the five weekends and one retreat week per year. Accommodation costs are kept to a minimum whilst allowing for reasonable comfort and the majority of venues offer various accommodation options to help reduce the overall cost, according to each student’s needs. Accommodation is payable in advance of each weekend/week. Your course administrator will help each student group know the payments for accommodation as early as possible for each course.
- Student teachers insurance
- Year 3: external assessment of your own class – £60 plus tutor’s reasonable travel expenses.
Help with your Yoga Teacher Training Costs
The IYT offers a small number of bursary awards that are funded by our Abundance Club. One bursary is awarded per course. Accommodation costs are not covered by the bursary scheme. If financial circumstances are preventing you from following a yoga teaching path, please contact the course tutor. All applications are treated in strict confidence and are assessed on an individual basis by our Board of Trustees. Guidelines for IYT Bursary Award Applications