Yoga Teacher Training Costs
Qualifying as a yoga teacher represents a significant investment, both financial and of your time and energies. The Inner Yoga Trust works hard to ensure that our yoga teacher training costs are inline with other professional teaching courses.
Year 1 The Structure and Practice of Yoga Foundation Course:
£600 – £790 (subject to course location) Payment terms are set by each course tutor. For those paying in full before the start date a discount may be available at the discretion of the course tutor.
Year 2 The Path of Yoga: £1,790
Year 3 Passing the Teaching On: £1,790
Year 2 and Year 3 course fees are payable by a non-refundable deposit of £593 on acceptance of your place and the outstanding balance payable by monthly standing order. A 5% discount is applied when paying course fees in full before the course start date.
Student membership of the IYT is a requirement for all students enrolled on our IYT500 course modules. All student members receive discounts on IYT workshops and retreats, regular eNewsletters, access to our Members Only section of the website giving access to many teaching articles and guidance documents plus 25-40% discounts with Yogastudio.co.uk.
Course Fees include:
- all teaching fees including visiting and specialist teachers
- written and correspondence parts of the course (evaluation of your written work, replies to letters, emails and telephone conversations)
- personal interviews and one to one mentoring and support from your course tutor(s)
- all handouts and course administration
- access to our Members Only section of the website which includes many articles and guidance documents.
Course Fees exclude:
- IYT student membership for Years 1, 2 and 3 – currently £15 per year
- Year 2 and Year 3 – accommodation costs of between £800 and £1,200 per year for the five weekends and one retreat week per year. These are kept to a minimum whilst allowing for reasonable comfort and the majority of venues offer various accommodation options to help reduce the overall cost, according to each student’s needs. Your course administrator will help the group to set up a payments scheme for accommodation deposits, which are payable in advance of each weekend.
- student teaching insurance – currently £10 per year if joining YA Professionals as a Trainee Teacher, or £23 per year through our member discount scheme with Balens Insurance.
- Year 3 external assessment of your own class – £60 plus tutor’s reasonable travel expenses.
Help with your Course Costs
The IYT offers a small number of bursary awards that are funded by our Abundance Club. One bursary is awarded per course. Accommodation costs are not covered by the bursary scheme. If financial circumstances are preventing you from following a yoga teaching path, please contact the course tutor. All applications are treated in strict confidence and are assessed on an individual basis by our board of trustees.